I like this zesty and refreshing pasta especially we are now approaching summer.
Ingredients (Serve 3)
- 240 g linguine
- 1 lemon, squeezed for juice (Grate off the 1/2 lemon for its zests or cut it in visible thicker strips )
- 100 g of smoked salmon (sliced in strips)
- 50 g of grated Parmesan
- 1 tub of creme fraiche (~200ml)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
Let’s cook now..
- Prepare linguine as on the packaging until al dente.
- Don’t quench it when it’s done (keep the heat).
- Heat up a skillet with a good splash of olive oil. Add in chopped shallot and garlic to soften briefly.
- Toss in linguine to mix even with the shallots & garlic.
- Lower the heat now, add in lemon juice, then, pour in creme fraiche and toss in fine lemon zest to stir in evenly.
- Add salt and black peper to taste at this stage. Leave some room for smoke salmon saltiness.
- Now, off the heat, toss in smoked salmon bits to coat evenly.
- Serve it with grated/shaved Parmesan on top to finish off, enjoy!!