Yes, as I am lazy sometimes to cook rice and two or three other dishes to go with rice. I resort to all-in-one, solution is pasta with everything thrown inside.
I used to have access to Ayam Brand ‘Tuna Chilli’. It’s marinated in hot small chilli oil and full of flavour. That would be sort of my pasta sauce. It’s just fantastic!
Since I do not have them around. I decided to make one, with a twist or rather additional items to make it palatable to others at home.
- Macaroni, Penne or fusilli would be better, prepare as written on the packaging.
- Quench the boiled pastas to ensure they are al dente.
- 3 tbsp of tomato puree or ready made pasta sauce.
- 1 Canned tuna steaks or tuna chunks
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 Diced onions
- 3 Chopped small chillis (Chilli oil as an alternative)
- 200 g of sliced mushrooms
- 1 diced red pepper
- 100 g of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 tsp of dried basil
- 1 handful of freshly chopped parsley (optional)
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Sweat the garlic and onions first, then add tuna and the rest of the ingredients to cook until they are fragrant.
- Stir in tomato puree/sauce into the sweated ingredients.
- Stir in freshly chopped flat parsley and ground basil.
- Then, toss the prepared pasta into the pot to mix in evenly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer the pasta mix into a casserole dish or an oven proof deep pan.
- Spread the grated cheese evenly at the top of the pastas.
- Bake it at 180°C for 20 mins, until the top is brown and on the crispy side.
Voila! There is your pasta bake. Serve it with dashes of Tabasco if you like a hint of oomph!