Fried Shallot Noodles’ Ingredients (Serve 2)
- 8 shallots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon of Chilli Oil (see Beef Ball Noodle entry for the recipe)
- 2 stalks of Scallions/ Spring Onions
- 2 tbsp of thick soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of light soy sauce
Practically, any type of noodle goes here. Because the main character in this dish is fried shallot. Shallots when fried, they are crunchy, crispy and sweet bursting with intense aroma.
Carbohydrate served here is only an accompaniment. Even linguine, pasta and instant noodles work. Prepare the noodle as on the package. Leave aside.
- Heat up 300ml of veg oil, then toss in the sliced shallots into the hot oil. When the shallots start turning golden brown, quickly drain them out into a bowl. Try your best to ensure as much oil is drained back into the frying pot during the transfer. Leave the fried shallots aside.
- Have a portion of cooked noodle sitting on a deep plate, sprinkle about three (no limits really) tablespoon of fried shallots onto it together with a handful of chopped scallions and a teaspoon of chilli oil.
- Add in thick soy sauce and light soya sauce so that noodles would be moisturised and slippery for consuming.
- Finally mix up all the ingredients evenly in the bowl and then savour!