Ingredients (Serve 2 – 3)
- 1 bunch of fresh basil leaves
- 1 can of tuna steak (in brine)
- 1/2 chilli powder of chilli powder
- 1 tbsp of chilli oil (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Dijon/whole grain mustard
- 2 pinches of paprika
- 200 g of grated cheese (I used mozzarella & cheddar)
- 1 medium white or red onion, sliced
- 4 slices of tortilla wraps
I learned this from sister N when she made a trip to my place to whip up a quick dinner after work. I was amazed at the short preparation time. Here is a super quick and filling meal.
- First, drain the tuna from tin and place it in a big bowl.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients above mentioned except cheese and basil leaves.
- Add some black pepper to taste, mashed them all in to mix well.
- Onto a heated shallow pan, heat up a slice of tortilla briefly for 20 secs until it’s near to crispy.
- Take the pan off the heat.
- Spread the grated cheese over the top of the tortilla, especially close to the edges.
- Then, spread the seasoned tuna over.
- Sprinkle, fresh whole or chopped basil leaves.
- Top it off with another sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Now, close it off with another tortilla wrap. Press the new tortilla down gently yet firmly to make sure it sticks to the bottom tortilla wrap.
- Turn the tortilla ‘sandwich’ upside down carefully (I used a flat plate as wide as the pan to achieve this) so that the top side would be heated to be crispy too.
- Turn up the heat to medium for another 20 secs.
- Then, transfer it over to a flat plate.
- Cut it in quarters. Enjoy while it’s crispy and hot!