If you are wondering how this dish taste like. I would say it is sourish with a light sweet hint. Bursting with rejuvenating lime’y’ scent.
Ingredients (Serve 2)
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 slice of steak (~ 250 g, any type really), sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tbsp of tamarind paste
- 1/2 fresh lime (for juice only)
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 fresh chilli for finishing touch
- Fresh coriander leaves for finishing touch (optional, didn’t include in this entry though)
- Heat up a frying pan with 2 tbsp of light veg oil until it smokes.
- Toss in chopped garlic to stir fry briefly.
- Before the garlic browns, add in sliced steak.
- Stir fry the steak into garlic until it is well done.
- Simultaneously, add in fish sauce, tamarind juice and brown sugar to mix in.
- Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- When it’s satisfactory, squeeze half a lime over the beef just before serving.
- Sprinkle it off with sliced chilli and fresh herbs.