A light dish for the great summer weekend we are having now.
Ingredients (Serve 2 -3)
- 100 g of mushrooms (cut in halves)
- 2 free range eggs (hard boiled)
- 1 bag of fresh baby spinach (about 200g)
- 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp of Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Freshly ground course black pepper
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 lemon wedge for juice
- Bring a pot of water to boil, add in the eggs and leave them in for about 10 mins in simmering water.
- Meanwhile, wash and halve the mushrooms, then pan fry them on medium heat in olive oil, black pepper and salt. When they are cooked, leave aside to cool.
- The eggs should be done while pan frying the mushrooms. Rinse them under cold water, roll them on a hard counter so it would be easier to de-shell the eggs. Then, cut up the hard boiled eggs in quarters. Leave aside to cool.
- Now, wash and drain off as much water as possible from the spinach leaves (I use salad spinner). Then, sit the washed spinach into a salad bowl.
- For salad seasoning, add in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper and lemon juice. Mix them up evenly.
- Add in the cooked mushrooms into the spinach leaves. Toss them around to mix in evenly.
- Plate the spinach leaves and mushrooms onto a medium plate. Top if off with hard boiled eggs.
- Sprinkle some shaved Parmesan on top if you like. Healthy and hearty salad done!