A healthy and very simple winter warmer soup, easily made with pantry or fridge items. You won’t regret trying this.
Ingredients (Serve 3 – 4)
- about 350 g (as much as you want) of firm tofu cut into small little cubes (€ 1.80 for a box of 750 g from Asia Market)
- ~ 2 tbsp of miso paste (€3.50 for a pack from Asia Market)
- 1 stock cube (Note: Ideally, one should use Dashi stock, I had a hard time looking for it even in Asia Market, so I replaced it with Knorr veg cube stock for ‘contingency measure’.)
- about 1 L of water
- 3 stalks of spring onions, chopped (separate the green and white parts)
- Bring the water to boil and then let it simmer.
- Contain the miso paste in a ladle and bring it to the simmering water (click here for step-by-step pictures), use the simmering water to dissolve down the miso paste bit by bit until all is dissolved.
- Do the same with vegetable stock cube.
- Add in the tofu cubes and white parts of chopped spring onion then simmer through for another 2 minutes.
- When the soup is satisfactory to your taste, serve it hot with chopped green parts of spring onions.