One of my favourite soup of all time. Full of flavour and piquant too. Leaving you wanting more and more.
Ingredients (Serve 2 – 3)
- 1 knob of galangal OR ginger
- 1 stalk of lemon grass, bashed
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 8 king prawns and/or a few fish tofu cubes
- 1 large tbsp of good quality Tom Yum paste
- 2 bird’s eye chillies, chopped
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- First saute the chopped garlic and sliced shallots. When they are sweated, add in Tom Yum paste, then followed by chopped lemon grass (in 4 cm length) and galangal (skinned).
- Stir fry these items until they release aroma.
- Now, add in about 800 ml (serves 2) of boiled water. This is followed by tossing in 12 medium or big king prawns, tomatoes wedges and chopped chillies.
- Simmer the contents through for about 2 minutes until the prawns are firm and the soup tastes satisfactory.
- Upon serving, squeeze in lime wedges and drizzle fish sauce into the soup for extra oomph.
The picture shown also has broccoli florets and fish tofu which great additions as well.