I am still trying to have a good diet. Trying to cut down on butter, on sugar, on cream, on heavy sauce … you know what else.
That is how I ended up baking the cauliflower that nearly got drown into a cheese sauce. My rationale reigned this time. YES!
I used coriander not knowing how it would turn out as there is only a little left in the bag. I am happy that I did. Coriander actually paired darn well with baked cheese.
- about a 3 stalks of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 whole cauliflower, cut into bite size
- 1 medium red onions, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 handfuls of grated cheddar
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 – 4 tbsp of olive oil
- First, blanch the cauliflower in a salted simmering water for about 10 minutes or so. Drain well, set aside.
- Alternatively, microwave the cauliflower with a bit of oil on high mode for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Reserve some cheese for topping later on.
- When the cauliflower is cooked until partly soft, toss into the mixing bowl of seasoning.
- Coat them well and evenly, then transfer into a casserole dish that will fit the seasoned cauliflower to a depth of about 1 inch (2.5cm). Top if off with the leftover grated cheese from Step 2.
- Bake the dish for 30 minutes at 180°C until the cauliflowers are brown at the top.