I tried a salad made by a good friend a while back, where there were satsumas. I was intrigued how the fruits could blend in so well with greens. I tried to make it here again and with the leftovers in the fridge. Pretty good I thought.
So, here is my fruit and vegetable salad for another summer day.
Ingredients (Serve 2)
- 1/2 red onion, julienned
- 1 – 2 satsuma, peeled
- 150 g of baby spinach
- 1/2 of cucumber, sliced
- 3 eggs to scramble, in microwave on medium mode
- any ready made low fat dressing (honey mustard recommended)
- a few mint leaves (optional)
- Break 3 eggs into a bowl, set the bowl into a microwave on medium mode for 1 minute. Take it out, stir it around, put it back into the microwave for another 1 minute or until the eggs are cooked. Sprinkle salt & black pepper to taste by using a spoon while mashing the cooked eggs up.
- In a large bowl, place washed and drained baby spinach first.
- Arrange cucumber slices around the bowl.
- Sprinkle satsuma wedges on top, followed by red onions and scrambled eggs on top.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad sparingly.
- Top it off with some mint leaves for extra bite.