When I saw a cake recipe that could be prepared in only 3 minutes, I instantly ‘bake’ it. Surprisingly, the cake tasted decent and surpassed the lowest expectation I have set.
Ingredients (Serve 2)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tbsp of sugar
- 6 tbsp of flour
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 4 tbsp of cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp of mild vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp of milk
- 1 tbsp spoon of coursely chopped walnuts (optional, any nut will do)
- icing sugar to dust
- Divide the above ingredients by two if you only want to make one for yourself.
- In the cups or in a soup bowl, mix everything up by beating lightly with a fork. When the mixture is uniform in consistency, divide it equally between 2 cups (or ramekins which I’ve used here).
- Place one at a time into a microwave (800 W) on medium high mode for just 3 minutes. When the cake is done (which will be a little bit drier than an oven baked cake), sprinkle some icing sugar to decorate.
Texture is definately I will compromise here.
A few minutes of whipping the mixture up and 3 minutes of ‘baking’ actually rewarded me with a chocolate cake, I am happy with that.