I got a bunch of fresh limes and heap of fresh mint leaves to stock up my fridge, without knowing what to do with them yet. Then, I thought I haven’t made a decent juice for the summer so far, why not attempt lime juice? The search engine returned with this recipe that states all the ingredients I have already. Nice! Here it is …
- 1 medium size lime, squeezed for juice
- 1 small pinch of lime zests (optional)
- 1/2 medium green apple, chopped into cubes
- 4 – 5 mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 7 tsp of sugar (adjust to taste)
- 400 ml of cold water
- Add the sugar into the cold water, try to dilute the sugar into the water as much as you could.
- Dump everything into a blender, use the water from the blender jug to rinse off the remaining undiluted sugar to the jug.
- Blend the ingredients up until they are well mixed up and preferably without bits, if you don’t mind bits like me, leave them be!
- Of course, add more sugar to your taste if you still find the drink is on the sour side.
An effortless and rejuvenating summer juice.