This is almost like a stir fried noodle. Let’s just say Italian stir fried noodle. If you have been following this blog for a while, even only for very short while, you will see chillies jumping up in the recipes, here and there. I like chillies a lot, the kick and the subtle taste they add to a dish is greatly addictive.
Here’s my other recipe with chillies, enjoy!
Ingredients (Serve 2)
- 160 g of linguine, prepare as instructed on the packaging
- 1/4 of a lime, squeeze for juice
- 1 tsp of lime zests (optional)
- 8 ripe cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 prawns
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 chopped shallot
- 1 fresh chilli OR 1 – 2 fiery bird’s eye chillies, chopped
- olive oil
- 1 small handful of fresh chives
- 1 small handful of grated Parmesan to top off the dish
- Drizzle some olive oil into a pan on medium high heat, toss in a small pinch of chopped garlic and shallots to saute until aromatic (not brown). Then, add in the fresh prawns to toss around until they are coloured, take them out and leave aside.
- Add in a few more drizzles of olive oil into the same pan, toss in the rest of the garlic and shallots to saute until fragrant. Add in cherry tomatoes to stir around until the are just softened.
- Toss in the cooked linguine and chopped chives to to coat evenly with the rest of the ingredients. Add salt and pepper to taste at this stage.
- Finally, take the pan off the heat, add in the cooked prawns prepared earlier on and drizzle lime juice over them to mix in well.
- Add more olive oil to moisten up the linguine if you find it dry, alternatively, add tomato puree and some water from cooking pasta at Step 2.
- Serve the dish in a deep plate with Parmesan on top.
You feel the kick from the chillies and the sweetness from tomatoes and prawns here?