In continuation of compiling and testing out pasta recipes, here is another version with chilli too. I like to experiment with sauce-free pasta dishes nowadays so each ingredient’s flavour could shine through.
- 1/2 courgette, julienned
- 6 prawns
- 1 small bunch of fresh chives or flat parsley, chopped
- 1/2 lime or lemon
- 1 fresh chilli
- 160 g of spaghetti / linguine, prepare as package’s instructions
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- First, stir fry the prawn with a dash of olive oil, seasoned with salt & black pepper until coloured. Then, finish off with lemon/lime juice to coat, set aside.
- Bring a pan to medium high heat, drizzle in olive oil. Toss in chopped shallots then garlic to saute until aromatic.
- Add in courgette and chilli to stir fry for a few minutes, add in a dash of water and leave the lid on to soften the courgette for another 8 minutes.
- Now, toss in cooked spaghetti and chives to stir through. Season it with salt & black pepper and check the taste. Off the heat, add in the cooked prawns to mix in evenly.
- Serve it warm with a good sprinkle of shaved Parmesan on top.
I quite like the courgette taste throughout the dish, blending in well with zingy lime and prawn.