Ingredients (Serve 2)
- Pasta of about 160 g, cook as per packaging’s instructions (linguine would work perfectly here)
- 1 sheet of roasted seaweed (for sushi roll), tore into small squares
- 200 g of smoked salmon, sliced thinly, then seasoned with some black pepper
- 1 tub of single cream (about 300 ml)
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed for juice and grate a small pinch for zests
- 2 eggs, poached with runny yolk remained
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 shallot, sliced
- Poach the eggs, drain well of excess water, set aside.
- In a pan, drizzle some olive oil on medium high heat. Toss in shallots to soften and then garlic to saute until fragrant.
- Before these items turn brown, add in cooked pasta to stir through.
- Add in single cream to coat the pasta, the let simmer on lower heat for 1 minute. Meanwhile, season with salt sparingly (as we’re using smoke salmon which is salty) and also black pepper to taste. When the pasta has absorbed the cream, take the pan off the heat.
- Sprinkle the smoked salmon slices and lemon zests over the cream pasta to mix in evenly. Add a few pinches of dried basil if you wish.
You could serve it as it is like here ….
Or if you want to be adventurous, on top, garnish with some nori seaweed squares and one poached egg in the middle as well as some shakes of chilli flakes …
Still remain doubtful and prefer something more normal? Have a look at lemony linguine.