A very simple homemade soup that is really healthy and very quick. Dunk and boil, and you have a meal!
Spinach is well known for its nutrition in calcium, but it also contains a lot of Vitamin A and Vitamin C. Garlic compliment spinach naturally, and so in this soup, I cooked it with bashed garlic as well.
Ingredients (Serve 2 -3)
- ~ 250 g of young spinach leaves, cleaned and cut into 5 cm lengths.
- ~450 ml of any stock liquid of your choice. I used the instant dashi bag, brewed in light simmering water for about 10 minutes.
- 200 g of silken tofu, cut in small cubes.
- any processed seafood e.g. crab sticks, fish balls or even beef balls. I used Chinese fried fish cake here because that was what available at the time of cooking. (If you have good quality seafood like crab meat, throw them in for a treat)
Seasonings (Pantry Items)
- 1 clove of bashed garlic
- 1 chopped shallot (for extra flavour, optional)
- 1 tbsp of light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp of mirin (optional)
- Get a stock pot ready, simmering away. Toss in the seasonings followed by fish cake slices.
- If using fresh seafood which cook very quickly, add them in together with spinach as well as tofu cubes.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked which takes only another few minutes, serve it warm.
If you don’t like tofu, replace it with beaten egg which pair spinach just as well. Enjoy another soup recipe on so.moo.food.