This is like cooking for the first time in ages! Feels good to be able to whip up something at home again, the feeling of de-stressing after a day of work in the kitchen is well spent.
What to do with those leftover meat jerkies from gifts, post Chinese New Year goodies?
You could tear them into small bite sizes, use them in fried rice, baked rice, bake pasta or toast!
And I am going to throw it into the leftover rice in the fridge. This is a perfect combination as overnight rice will be drier and not mash up easily when stir fried with the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 – 2 slices of any type of ba kwa, pre-toast it in oven until fragrant and tore into small pieces
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic and 1 chopped chilli
- 2 cups of cooked rice (preferably fridged over night)
- 1/2 tbsp of light soya sauce
- 1 tsp of oyster sauce
- 1 tsp of fish sauce
- 1 shake of black pepper and salt to taste
Toss in the chopped garlic & chilli on medium heat to stir fry just until aromatic, not brown. Throw in the cooked rice to mix in.
Quickly, add in the sauces and seasoning while coating the rice evenly.
Stir fry everything until even colour, add in an egg here to coat the rice.
To finish off, don’t forget to add in the ba kwa pieces to mix in.
The sweetness from the jerkies balance well with the savoury fried rice. Try it!