Haven’t bought smoked salmon in a long long while. Reason being simple, it’s too expensive in Singapore.
In fact, to get any Western kinda groceries here is a luxury, even the Marks & Spencer staples are seen as high-end brand here.
Oh well, it’s still cheaper to make the favourite pasta dish at home with these store bought smoked salmon, cream, cheese and stuff.
I whipped this out thinking of fusing Japanese flavour with Western one.
They worked out well, the wasabi paste lifted up the Parmesan, while the lemon juice enhanced the overall smoky dish.
Cheese and seafood is a taboo to most chefs, but I don’t understand why, they go so well together according to my experiments after experiments.
Anyway, here it is. A seafood sausage pasta with wasabi & furikake flakes! Love it and Enjoy!
- 1 medium shallot; 3 cloves of garlic
- 100 g of smoked salmon
- 2 medium sized sausages, sliced
- 100 ml of milk (optional) or water
- 200 ml of fresh cream
- 2 tsp of chopped chillies (optional)
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 160 g of short dry pasta
- Parmesan shavings of your desired amount
- 1 tbsp of furikake (store bought)
- 1 tsp of wasabi paste
- 2 tsp of freshly grated lemon zests
- Cook the pasta until al dente, drain and leave aside.
- In a deep pan, add in just 1/2 tbsp of olive oil to heat up. Cook the sausage slices until a little crispy, take them out and set aside on a kitchen towel.
- Then, add a drizzle of oil to heat up. Now add in chopped shallots to stir fry until fragrant. Then, add chopped garlic and chilli to release the fragrance.
- Pour in the cream to mix in, add in water or milk to stir in to the desired creaminess. Leave out the milk or water at all, and have it all cream if you want a purely creamy dish.
- Once the creamy mixture comes together, season it with salt and pepper. Just under season it a little bit as the smoked salmon and Parmesan shavings will add more salt later on.
- Add in the cooked pasta from step 1 now to soak up the cream a little. Add in the crispy sausage slices from Step 2 to stir in.
- All ready to serve now, shave Parmesan, sprinkle Furikake and spread some smoke salmon slices on top of each serving plate.
Love this dish!