I have been meaning to make pancakes with the newly bought bluberries on sale.
Day by day, I procrastinated.
Until I stumbled upon this healthy organic pancake mix from an organic shop nearby my apartment.
Came Saturday morning.
I woke up, and rushed to the kitchen to start whipping this mixture up.
Throwing in the blueberries was a relief, finally, I’m making it I thought to myself.
Ok, this is the first time I’m making pancakes! Serious!
Even with a pancake mix, they turned out alright.
Ah, I am just bad at this! Need to practise.
You know, the packaging instructions were too healthy in retrospect.
No mention of salt, sugar, addition of oil at all.
In absence of maple syrup and butter, I scoured the pantry and fridge.
Luckily there was Nutella and sea salt flakes, phew!
Didn’t end up too bad at all.
Ingredients (Serve 4 – 6)
- The buckwheat pancake mix as above
- 150 ml of light oil
- 150 ml of milk
- 150 ml of water
- 100 g of blueberries
- salt to taste
- 3 eggs
- Add salt to the dry pancake mixture
- Then, add the rest of the wet elements i.e. oil, milk, water and eggs
- Beat the mixture lightly so that they come together
- Add more liquid to the desired consistency
- Heat up a pan with a small drizzle of oil (on non stick pan)
- Pour in half a ladle of the pancake liquid into the pan, don’t overturn until the side are bubbling
- Repeated the previous 2 steps until you are happy with the amount of pancakes made