Who doesn’t like a plate of creamy good ol’ pasta at the end of a work day.
Ingredients (Serve 2)
- 2 egg yolks beaten with 3/4 cup of cream
- 1 tbsp of chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp of chopped shallots
- 6 – 8 strips of bacon chopped into short rectangular strips
- 2 tbsp of chopped spring onion or any fresh herbs for garnishing (optional)
- ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Prepare tagliatelle on the side, drain when cooked to your preferred chewiness.
- Beat up the egg yolks and add in a short stream of hot water from cooking pasta to temper the egg.
- Then add in cream into the tempered egg yolks to combine.
- Drizzle in some virgin olive oil on medium heat until hot (not smoking).
- Toss in the chopped shallots to soften then add in chopped garlic to stir fry until before browning.
- Add in the bacon strips to stir in until aromatic and browned a little.
- Now, add in the cooked pasta to mix in evenly with the rest of the ingredients. Season now.
- Put off the heat or on very low fire, stir in the egg yolks mixture to coat the tagliatelle evenly. Season again to your taste.
A simple dish for a creamy pasta craving.
Also a nice dish to serve during friends home visiting and for kids too.
Once a month of carbonara, that’s less guilty for sure.
Next up, I’ll share tomato vodka pasta dish. A little healthier too.