Yes, weekend is finally upon us once more!
Hope today you’re bestowed with breezy and sunny Singapore weather, never mind the humidity,it’s forever here.
For a quick bite at home, and make yourself feeling a little better from guilty eating out trips, assemble this sandwich.
Ingredients (Serve 2)
- 4 tbsp of Cream cheese (Philadelphia brand is good enough ), adjust to your taste
- A handful of chopped spring onion, adjust to your taste
- A few slabs of juicy smoked salmon (I used Fassler, local brands for it’s the cheapest in the market 200g for SGD13.80)
- Baguette (or any crusty European bread)
- Freshly ground black pepper and sea salt
- If you can get the freshly baked baguette nearby, great. Otherwise, toast the baguette in the oven at 150deg C for about 8 minutes.
- While waiting, chop up spring onion and set aside in a bowl.
- Scoop out about 4 tbsp to the bowl of chopped spring onion, use a spoon/spatula and mix it up evenly
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of sea salt
- Once the baguette is toasty, slice it length wise and cross-sectionally in halves
- Spread both sides of the bread inside with cream cheese mixture, layer smoked salmon atop, add another dollop of cream cheese in between
- Sandwich both slices together and eat!
- Oh yes, of course you could have it as open sandwich too!
This would take maximum 15 minutes.
Have it with a cuppa, happy weekend!