Here is another one to relief the rainy day blues.
A little spicy, a little comforting, and a lot of creamy pumpkin soup.
First, it would be necessary to have a hand blender at the least if not food processor.
Then, follow the following steps to find your way to a bowl of this golden delicious soup.
- about 600 g of pumpkin, cubed and blanched until just softened (about 15-20 mins)
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 tbsp of pure cream or whipping cream
- sea salt & ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp of chopped chilli (optional)
- a bunch of spring onion, chopped, for stirring in
- about 250 ml of chicken stock / vegetable stock
- Cook the pasta of your choice, drain and set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, heat up some olive oil (beware of not letting it smoke). Then, toss in the chopped shallots followed by garlic to stir fry until translucent and aromatic.
- Add in the softened cooked pumpkin cubes to stir in, season with a little salt and pepper first (more seasoning later).
- Then, add in the chicken stock to stir in until they are well combined.
- Now, turn the heat/fire very low or off. Stick in the hand blender to puree the pot’s contents into a smooth puree.
- Add in more water as you go along to reach your preferred consistency.
- When the puree is done, turn up the heat a little, season further.
- Stir in the cream and chopped spring onion until well mixed.
- Ladle up the contents into a bowl, add a little dollop of cream and more spring onion atop to garnish if you like.
- I add in the pasta at this stage and have a pan friend sausage on the side for a comforting dinner.
Have a good one!