Ingredients (Serve 2)
- 4 pieces of dried tagliatelle
- about 200g of of chicken fillet, sliced in even sizes (marinated in 1.5 tbsp of mirin, 1.5 tbsp of soya sauce and some grated lemon zest)
- 200 g of shimeiji mushrooms (or any type)
- 2 handfuls of spinach leaves
- 250 ml of cream
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 – 2 chillies, chopped (optional)
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- Clean and slice the chicken fillets, place them into a container/ziplock bag. Add in the above mentioned liquid to marinate in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the tagliatelle until just chewy. To save water, when the tagliatelle was about cooked to your preference, blanch the spinach leaves in the same pot until just tender. Drain it together with the cooked tagliatelle, set aside.
- Into a pan, heat up some drizzle of olive oil. Add in chopped shallots to stir fry until aromatic, followed by chopped garlic.
- Then, add in the chopped chillies now if you’re having a spicy version.
- Toss in the shimeiji mushrooms, season now with some salt & black pepper. Stir fry until they are softened and fragrant.
- At the same time, pan fry the marinated chicken slices in a separate pan until both sides are coloured.
- In the mushroom pan, add in the cream now until it’s well combined. Season again.
- Now, bring the dish together by adding in the cooked tagliatelle and spinach to stir into the mushroom cream sauce. Taste and season.
- Serve! Then top it off with the browned chicken slices upon serving.
Hope you like this homey recipe!