Festival del Gelato
Gelateria La Carraia
A place seems to be mostly patronised by locals and passing by toursists (like us), not exactly in prime touristic area, which is good. Very homemade feel to the taste, of course that means delicious flavours and fantastic texture.
This time round, we didn’t get to visit the famous Vivoli gelato shop, the same in Rome which we didn’t get to try those top gelato names listed on travel pages.
I am sure there will be next time.
Florence Sweet List
- Venchi – Vicolo Calimaruzza, 18 / Piazza del Mercato Nuovo, 6/7 Firenze, 50122
- Rivoire Pasticceria – Piazza della Signoria 5r, Firenze
- Grom – Via del Campanile angolo via delle Oche , 50012 Firenze
- Festival del Gelato – Via del Corso 75r (a few steps off Via dei Calzaiuoli)
- Gelateria La Carraia – Piazza N. Sauro near Ponte Carraia, in the Oltrano area (across the river). Another shop at Via Benci 24/r.
Have a read on gelato history and festival in Florence.