Following up with the last Matcha Oat Latte recipe, here’s a recipe for the weekend using Omega Milk from Magnolia.
- Use any pancake mix of your choice. I purchased one from Mustafa Centre as it’s US imported, it’s high fibre and organic….requiring one egg, 1 cup of pancake mix, 1/2 cup of Omega 3 milk, some cinnamon, 1 tsp of vanilla essence and 3/4 cup of light vegetable oil. Mix the batter up until it’s slurry and still free to move on the pan.
- Heat up a flat pan with butter on medium fire, pour in a manageable round of about 5 cm, flip after, observe if the edge starts to brown then flip over, normally each side takes about 1 min 30 seconds, varying on your batter and heat source.
- Chop up gula melaka solids and throw these brittle onto a sauce pan with one 1-2 tbsp of water, use low heat until the gula melaka starts to melt into thick liquid, add in a good pinch of salt and a small knob of butter, do not stir in the sauce pan using any utensil – just swirl the pan to ensure the syrup is homogenous – let cool.
- Slice up on whole fresh banana and set aside
- Once the pancakes are done, stack them up in 3 or 6, place the banana slices on the stack and all around….pour the cooled gula melaka syrup gently from the top of the stack and let it flow organically.
Done! Enjoy this healthy and delicious decadent brekfast!